Thursday, August 11, 2011

A question for those who watch anime.?

So, recently I picked up on anime. However, now that I've been watching it for awhile, I have decided to set it aside. But, since I've watched so many English subbed Japanese episodes, I picked up some of the words. I remember back in middle school, anime junkies and narutards used to speak broken English based on the anime they watched. They would say regular sentences and then add name suffixes to the end (such as -san or -chan) or substitute words like "baka" for idiot. However, they said so with an intense English accent and sounded like complete idiots. Well, I have been reflecting several Japanese words I learned as I watched these animes, and maybe I'm becoming like these people. I have an intense curiousity as far as learning the Japanese language goes and sometimes even say these few words I know when no one is looking. So, I was figuring, since I'm Korean, I might take a shuttle while I'm in Korea for the duration of Summer and fly to Japan and pick up the language. Shouldn't be THAT hard since it's asian like Korean, which both use Chinese syllables. Does that sound like a good idea? Oh, and does anyone talk with random Japanese words while speaking English? I would also like to know if there are any regular people who watch anime. I've never seen any at my school, but I might find some. (People interested in character and plot and do not attempt Japanese, I don't know I can't explain it).

No comments:

Post a Comment