Saturday, August 13, 2011

Former independent contractor files frivolous lawsuit against my company, what should I do?

I owned a business in Tennessee nailed a big contract in Indiana and relocated my business and personal residence. I was in the process of disolving my company in Tennessee with my lawyer when I recieved notice of a lawsuit from a former independent contractor for unfair compensation and not repaying certain expendatures. He took 4800 dollars in cash advances (I have evidence) and only did 3300 dollars worth of work. He got mad when we cut off the cash advance gravy train and we told him at that time we would no longer need his services. Technically I never recieved 1500 dollars worth of work. My question is fight it in court or ignore the suit because the corporation is being disolved anyway? My lawyer is out of town and will not be in for a few days. My company was a LLC in Tennessee and is now a LLC in Indiana. He never did any work for the Indiana company, only the one in Tennessee where he has filed a 4000 civil suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment